Adjust for the Advance Child Tax Credit!
Dolores Kong

If you were among the taxpayers who received advance
child tax credit checks of up to $400 per child
(courtesy of last years tax cut), you have to
adjust for that dollar amount on your 2003 Federal
tax return, or else you could get less of a refund
and more of a delay in receiving your refund. If you
dont remember how much the advance child tax credit
check was for, the Internal Revenue Service has set
up a secure Internet page where you can punch in
your Social Security number, your filing status, and
the number of exemptions claimed on your 2002 return
to get the dollar amount of the adjustment. You can
do this by visiting